Thomas Addams, M.D., was of Trinity college, Cambridge, as a member of which he proceeded M.B. in 1734; M.D. 1739. He was admitted a Candidate of the College of Physicians 30th September, 1740; a Fellow, 30th September, 1741; and was Censor in 1745, 1750, 1752. Dr. Addams was elected physician to St. Thomas’s hospital in 1749, and resigned that office in 1759, when he was succeeded by the poet Akenside. He died 26th April, 1785, and was buried in the church of St. Lawrence, Reading. His memorial characterises him as "a most tender husband, an affectionate father, and a sincere friend."