Edward Betts, MD, was the son of Dr John Betts, a Fellow of the College before mentioned. He was created a Fellow of the College of Physicians by the charter of James II, and was admitted as such at the Comitia Majora Extraordinaria of 12th April, 1687. Dr Betts died 27th April, 1695, and was buried in the churchyard attached to the old church of St Pancras. His gravestone bore the following inscription:-
Hic jacet sepultus
EDVARDUS BETTS, M.D.
Collegii Medicorum Londin. quondam Socius
præclari viri Johannis Betts, M Doctoris
ejusdem Collegii quondam Præsidis filius.
Ob. die 27mo mensis April. Anno Salutis MDCXCV.