C. A. Adey was a student at Edinburgh. He took the degree of M.D. in 1844 and the English M.R.C.S. in 1845. He practised in London till 1852. Then, for the remainder of his career, he lived at St. Leonards, where he held the successive appointments of physician and consulting physician to the East Sussex Infirmary and the Home for Invalid Gentlewomen.
G H Brown