The Royal College of Physicians museum will be reopening soon.
In light of the ongoing COVID-19 situation the Royal College of Physicians have taken the difficult decision to postpone the public reopening of RCP Museum. We are aiming for our new reopening date to be Monday 31 January 2022. We will continue to monitor the ongoing situation and will inform you if there are any further changes.
To visit our museum when we reopen you’ll need to book in advance to help us limit numbers in the building.
Pre-booking from our new reopening date will be available soon.
Visits will be free for up to 5 people at a time. For groups of 6+, please get in touch at email@example.com . The Royal College of Physicians (RCP) museum is located at 11 St Andrews Place, Regent's Park, London NW1 4LE. On arrival please sign in at our reception desk where you will be given directions and details of available rooms and exhibitions, and will be given a visitor badge.
Located in the RCP's Grade I-listed 'modernist masterpiece', our museum collections have been gathered over five centuries since our foundation by Royal Charter of Henry VIII in 1518. When visiting look out for our:
- portraits and silver, which are displayed throughout the building
- fascinating Symons collection of artefacts which would have been used by physicians and for self-care in the home
- Prujean chest of 17th century surgical instruments
- extraordinary set of 17th-century human remains - John Finch's anatomical tables which give a fascinating insight into dissection and discovery in anatomy
- current exhibition RCP Unseen where we display some of our unseen riches for the very first time. Delve into our collections to discover never-seen-before curiosities, and explore previously hidden stories from the history of medicine and beyond...
*Masks for staff and guests within our building are mandatory unless you are exempt.*
We are taking some extra measures to make your visit safe and enjoyable and ask that you please do what you can too.
- Limits on the number of visitors each day.
- An NHS Track & Trace QR code where you can check in to our venue at reception.
- Hygiene stations located throughout the building.
- Thermal scanners to check your temperature at the entrance.
- Staff taking lateral flow tests regularly before coming onsite.
We ask that you:
- Allow space between you and other people so everyone can feel comfortable.
- Stay at home if you have COVID-19 symptoms.
We will be monitoring the COVID-19 situation and if anything changes that would effect your visit we will inform you immediately.