Discover our collections, featuring everything from artworks by Sir Joshua Reynolds, Sir Thomas Lawrence and Dame Elisabeth Frink, to scarce anatomical preparations and extraordinary medical instruments, all housed in a grade 1 listed ‘modernist masterpiece’ designed by acclaimed architect Sir Denys Lasdun.
RCP Museum Lates suspended
In light of the latest government advice, our library, archive and museum have closed with immediate effect from Wednesday 18 March 2020 until further notice. We will contact anyone who has booked an event ticket or guided tour as soon as possible.
We encourage everyone to follow Public Health England advice, and hope that all our visitors, collaborators and friends stay well over the coming days and weeks.
Other RCP Museum highlights include:
- priceless portraits and silver displayed throughout the building
- medical rarities such as the Symons collection of self-care instruments and medical apparatus, the Hoffbrand collection of apothecary jars and the Prujean chest of surgical tools from the era of the English Civil War
- a remarkable set of 17th-century human remains, providing a fascinating insight into dissection and discovery in anatomy
- regular displays from our archive and rare books collections
- a changing programme of acclaimed temporary exhibitions
Forthcoming Museum Lates:
- Thursday 4 June 2020
- Thursday 6 August 2020
- Thursday 3 September 2020
- Thursday 1 October 2020