In May attend the first Museum Late of the new temporary exhibition 'Doctors and the good death'. Join an exhibition tour take the heritage trail or a self-guided media tour through the last 500 years examining the curious intersection of medicine, art and society.
Discover our collections, featuring everything from artworks by Sir Joshua Reynolds, Sir Thomas Lawrence and Dame Elisabeth Frink, to scarce anatomical preparations and extraordinary medical instruments, all housed in a grade 1 listed ‘modernist masterpiece’ designed by acclaimed architect Sir Denys Lasdun.
Other RCP Museum highlights include:
- priceless portraits and silver displayed throughout the building
- medical rarities such as the Symons collection of self-care instruments and medical apparatus, the Hoffbrand collection of apothecary jars and the Prujean chest of surgical tools from the era of the English Civil War
- a remarkable set of 17th-century human remains, providing a fascinating insight into dissection and discovery in anatomy
- regular displays from our archive and rare books collections
- a changing programme of acclaimed temporary exhibitions
Forthcoming Museum Lates:
- Thursday 4 June 2020
- Thursday 6 August 2020